- Government Accountability Office
- 441 G St., NW
- Washington, DC 20548
The GAO Organizational Telephone Directory (PDF, 61 pages) provides contact information for agency personnel.
Find an Expert
View senior GAO staff by area of expertise.
Sign up for email updates, and check out our blog, podcasts, and social media.
GAO’s experts often speak publicly about our work. For questions about a specific report, please contact the individual listed on the Highlights Page. If you don’t know who to contact, or cannot reach the individual listed on the Highlights Page, please contact Chuck Young in the Office of Public Affairs at (202) 512-4800 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit our Watchdog website for more information about GAO's services only for Congress (accessible through the congressional computer network). There you will find information on general assistance and briefings by GAO experts, ongoing work, and requesting work.
You can also contact the Office of Congressional Relations at (202) 512-4400 or email@example.com.
Questions About a Report
- For questions about a specific report, please contact the individual listed on the Highlights Page of the report.
- For documents or data cited in a GAO report and not produced by GAO, please contact the agency or organization that created the document or data.
- For assistance finding a specific GAO report or testimony, or a bibliography of GAO products on a particular subject, submit a research request or call 202-512-5941.
- For access to GAO products that contain classified or controlled unclassified information, submit a request for restricted products.
General Contact Information
For Strategic Planning & External Liaison contact (202) 512-4707 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general information about recommendations, contact GAO's Audit Policy and Quality Assurance office at (202) 512-6100 or email@example.com.
For technical or practical questions regarding the Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (the Yellow Book), please call (202) 512-9535 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
For technical or practical questions regarding Standards for Internal Control in the Federal Government (the Green Book), please call (202) 512-9535 or e-mail email@example.com.
For technical or practical questions regarding Principles of Federal Appropriations Law (the Red Book), please call (202) 512-9535 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit our FraudNet portal to report suspected fraud, waste, abuse, or mismanagement of federal funds.
For general research help that cannot be answered by a GAO report, you may wish to contact your local library or the Library of Congress Ask-a-Librarian service.
You can also order printed copies of GAO reports.